February 28, 2014

Stuff and Things 2/28/14

Life as I Know it

I know I've been kind of missing for a while, but that's because I was too busy being an adult and BUYING A HOUSE!!!!
Double Kermit flail!!!!!!
Okay, it's a condo. And okay, it's still under attorney review, so I haven't actually bought it yet. But I've been keeping it on the DL because I was so worried it wouldn't work out and the sellers accepted my offer and AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH.

UPDATE: We are out of attorney review, like 3 days earlier than expected. Pending a home inspection, the house is mine-all-mine. *cue MOAR Kemit flail*

The only pictures I have are from the listing, and they're not mine and I can't link back to the source since that will put an address that's not currently mine but eventually will be out on the internet. So I'll give you a virtual tour once we close (which won't be for a while because one of the reasons I was an attractive buyer was because I was flexible on the closing date). But it's BIG (I mean, not like huge, but for one person-- and a cat-- with a limited budget, it's BIG). The kitchen's BIG (not the actual workspace, but plenty of space to add more), and it has a dining room which I've already decided to use as a library/study because I own a lot of books and it's not like I throw dinner parties. And I've already decided to go vintage glam in the kitchen with a DIY makeover until I have the money to get it redone (laminate countertops and the cabinets are white: livable, but so not pretty)
For now, pretend this is what it looks like
But I had to get an attorney, get mortgage pre-approval, sign about 20,000 papers, had some drama because the HOA fees and property taxes were higher than expected, so I had to get a NEW pre-approval, sign more papers, go through 48 hours of waiting and negotiating, and now I have to find a home inspector and get an actual mortgage and it's very exhausting.

What does this mean for the blog? Well, as you may have noticed, until we get everything sorted, posting may be a bit spotty. Once I move in, I might have to go on a brief sabbatical while I DIY my little heart out. And also, since this is the first time I'll be living on my own since college, I need to buy everything. I mean, I think I still have my dishes and utensils, and I own a couple muffin tins and shaped pans, but I don't have any pots or cooking utensils or cooking spices or cleaning things or power tools, so it's going to take me a while to get back up and running. 

Once I do, however, I'm hoping I'll be able to post a lot more, or at least more consistently. I won't be sharing the kitchen with anyone except Viola and Needy McSnuggles, so I won't have to fight for cooking time. And it will just be me cooking, so I'll probably have more in the way of savory recipes to post (I also really want a slow cooker so dinner will be ready for me when I get home!). I love leftovers, so don't expect me to start doing recipes for two or anything. There might be some of those, but not many.
I'm also hoping to set up a little photo studio area in my library/dining room, so there might be some better photography in the mix as well.

And also, my bestie got engaged and asked me to be her maid of honor! So I will have MOH duties to attend to. I'm not completely sure what those duties are, but I know they exist (her colors are mint and coral. I tried to convince her to go with something else, but this is what she wants. Help me.). If there are experienced MOHs out there with any advice, please let me know!

So that's my life at the moment. What's happening with you?

TV Here there be spoilers

Castle- How did Castle not immediately go to brain washing? I mean, that's the first place I went. And the "video conference" from the suspect conveniently in "Stockholm." I mean, if he was in Stockholm, and he wanted to keep up the appearance that he didn't know those people, how would he know that Beckett was coming in to question him? Especially with the time difference.

This episode kind of failed.

Supernatural- Kevvvvvvinnnnnnnnnn! *sniffle* And Sammy, you listen to the dead prophet. Yeah, Dean made a mistake, but it's not like you're infallible or anything. *Harrumph* But yay Ghostfacers next episode!

Arrow- Okay, I wasn't really interested in the show originally, but I started watching because I have a friend obsessed with the show, and the fact that they have Captain Jack Harkness, River Song, and River Tam among the recurring guest stars is kind of awesome. And of course I started watching right before midseason hiatus. (Curse of the Sherlockian, I did the same thing when I started watching Sherlock. No one told me that there were only three episodes in that first season).

Anyway it's about dang time someone took Laurel to task for blaming everyone for her problems except herself. Ollie and Sara lived in hell the past 5 years, given up for dead, hunted by crazy people, tortured, brain washed, at some point Sara became an international assassin, but Laurel wanted everyone to pity her because her boyfriend cheated on her with her sister when she got overly clingy, and then she got drunk and lost her job, and her dad almost lost his job helping her, and she can't decide which billionaire she wants to sleep with. Yeah, I really feel sorry for you, Laurel.

BUT OMG THE ENDING WITH SLADE IN THE LIVING ROOM WITH MOIRA AND AJHGIJHKBNSDFLHNASK....